Our gardens need your help!
The Dexter Schools Garden Boosters is a group of parents, teachers, community members, and non-profit partners who have come together to support the school gardens district-wide. Each garden currently has a point-person who serves on the Garden Boosters and can help new parents and community members looking to get involved in their school’s garden. If you’d like to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or join us for the following fall events:
October, Fall Harvest Soup Supper- 2017 Date TBD. Join us to help prepare for our Fall Soup Supper Fundraiser. Time to be determined.
Garden Work Days, 2017 dates TBD. Join us to put our gardens to rest for the winter.
Dexter Schools Garden Boosters seeks to support and sustain the school gardening efforts throughout Dexter Community Schools by providing leadership, resources, and sustained visibility within the school district.
Goals for the 2017-18 School Year
- Establish a faculty contact person at Mill Creek Middle School that is interested in creating a Victory Garden related to 7th or 8th grade history curriculum
- Expand the vegetable growing area at Creekside Intermediate School
- Revitalize Wylie Elementary School’s existing courtyard garden with plants native to Michigan
- Establish a contact and communication representative from Cornerstone Elementary Schools’ PTT groups who will participate in the Dexter Schools Garden Booster Program
- Assist with the care and maintenance of all gardens