To close out National Farm to School Month, Dexter students sampled homemade apple chips at Wylie cafeteria and as one student exclaimed, “They were heaven!”
Apple chips were made with just two ingredients, apples and cinnamon, a healthy snack for busy students. Students were also given recipes to take home and make with their families.
Try it at home!
Cinnamon Apple Chips
- 4 Apples
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat over to 225F.
- Slice apples horizontally to 1/6 of an inch or use a mandolin.
- Place apples on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Flip and bake until crispy, around 1 hr.
- Turn off oven leave apple chips in for about an hour.