The Dexter Farm to School Program has had a busy summer and we can’t wait to share our gardens, programs and cafeteria offerings with Dexter students.
Here is a preview of Creekside events for this fall:
- Kitchen-garden flex classes begin September 17th. Flex class sign ups will take place in students’ team classrooms.
- After school garden club at Creekside will begin in September. If you are interested in signing up please visit the Creekside Kitchen Classroom during orientation this Wednesday from 5-6pm.
- The Fall Soup Supper Fundraiser is back by popular demand! Chef Alex Young from the Standard Bistro will be providing delicious soups and Creekside students will make deserts. We will post details as soon as we have a date.
- The Sullivan Memorial Garden move is in the process of being finalized. The gardens new home will be across the sidewalk from the Creekside Kitchen Garden. We are excited to have students help us get this garden growing!
Here is a preview of DCS cafeteria offerings and samplings this fall:
- In September, local MI products will include: purple cauliflower, apples, and cherry tomatoes.
- In October to celebrate National Farm to School Month, local MI products will include: cherry tomatoes, rainbow carrots, apples, and winter squash.
- In December, Dexter cafeterias will be serving an all MI sourced meal that will include- Dearborn ham, glazed carrots, Jiffy cornbread, and warm cinnamon apples. Thumbs UP!